New here, how old does our bearded dragon look?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Nick and Autumn here new to the forum and too bearded dragons but we recently saw some bearded dragons at the local petsmart and finally after a lot of research we decided that we wanted to go for it and get a bearded dragon as a pet. I know petsmart isn't ideally a place to buy a beardie but they had a deal on all the stuff you needed to get stared so that made it easier

We have a 40 gallon tank with a basking bulb and UV bulb, basking perch thing, a half log hideaway, big food and water bowls, we are using paper towels for now but plan on using some sort of mat for the bottom.

We are wondering how old our bearded dragon looks.. we know that's he or she is young but was wondering if anyone had any ideas on around how old it may be. Thanks
93114-2950912281.jpg
93114-4805003083.jpg
93114-5561757339.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! Your dragon is still pretty small and has a rounded head so I'd guess maybe only a month or two old. How is he/she settling into their new home with you so far? Please let us know if you have any questions.

NickandAutumn

Original Poster
Thank you for the response. He/she is settling in pretty well, hasn't eaten much since we brought it home yesterday but I also read on this site that it's normal for them not to eat or drink much at all in the first couple of days so I'm hoping his appetite will pick up. Other then that he deficated once and has been active checking out his new place and basking.

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
Your beardie is so adorable, and it seems like you've really done your research! It's always so exciting to add a member to the family :D I agree, your bearded dragon looks to be very young.

NickandAutumn

Original Poster
Thanks guys! Today we got some live crickets (the feed store didnt have any available yesterday when we brought him home) but he ate them like crazy. Dusted 4 of them and put them in his enclosure, they never stood a chance! Hah
He's also gets a salad fresh every morning dusted with some vitamin as well as some kind of fruit mix in just a tiny amount.

On a side note being new to reptiles all together I never thought a lizard could be so cool. He's got so much personality already and I'm excited to be on this journey learning about these crazy cool creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom