New Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieLover100

I recently got a bearded dragon who I've named Jet, he's a little stinker already! He hasn't drank any water even though I've tried, I even gave him a bath, he seems to like those. I read online about the Baths how Beardie's soak the water through they're skin but I don't know how true that is. He hasn't eaten any veggies, I've tried squash, a red lettuce and some fruits the last two days.
He hasn't touched it once but he loves Crickets like crazy, and a bit of mealworms. I had to get another 10 dozen because he finished 2 dozen this morning even though I've had him since Sunday

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of beardies!

Beardies will rarely drink water, as they absorb most moisture through their food :)

As far as food, you'll need to correct a few small things: firstly, no mealworms should be fed. Mealworms have a very hard chitinous shell, which makes them very difficult to digest and can cause impaction, which in some cases can be fatal. No lettuce, as it doesn't benefit them in almost any way. Only leafy leafy greens like collard, turnip, mustard, and dandelion. For all safe foods, look through this list: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom