New Beardie Owner, new to site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow beardie lovers! My name is Angel, and I have been a beardie owner since December of 2016. I just have my one beardie, but I hope to get another soon at the local ReptiCon.
My beardie's name is Kai. I wanted to pick a unisex Australian name since I didn't know what she would be. Turns out she is a she, so I'll be happy to find her a mate at the reptile show.
I never thought I would love a reptile this much. I just suddenly wanted a beardie, so I did some research and got a baby from PetSmart. She was all alone, and she was beautiful, so I had to take her home. I assume she is about 7 or 8 months old.
I wanted to join this forum to learn more about these amazing and loving creatures, and I want to make sure I'm doing everything right for my baby. I love her so much.
Here's my KaiKaiBean:
92710-5935901427.jpg
92710-8067592373.jpg
92710-7644996280.jpg

KaiKaiBean95

Original Poster
Thank you, Gormagon! I can't wait to learn more and share my love of beardies!
The uploader just wasn't agreeing with my phone, but I finally got it to work, as the pics prove. Haha

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
We all learn on a curve, lol!
Let me begin by saying she is quite pretty. And, from what I can see your viv is too.
We strive to make people aware of things to aid them in their dragon adventures so, we tend to try and point out things that can be detrimental.
There are two things in the pics that can cause issues:
1. That hammock is a real danger to your dragon. They get their nails hung in them and, will pull out claws, pull off digits, break bones and dislocate joints trying to free themselves from it. You can cover it with fleece or another snag free material to prevent this.
2. That thermometer can be off as much as 20°+/-, they are basically junk in the dragon health world. You really need to get a digital/w probe for accuracy or an IR temp gun. These will give you the best accuracy as, temps are very important to maintain with dragons.

KaiKaiBean95

Original Poster
Oh gosh... thank you for this info! Also, thank you for the compliment. I hope to one day make my viv look nicer, though.
This is exactly why I need to be in this forum. No one tells you about these things when you buy them (because they don't know either, and those who know don't care).
As for the hammock, do you think she would even still use it after I cover it, or is it just up to her, since every beardie likes different things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom