New to the dragon lifestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaeda0216

So originally, today, I went to pet smart planning on buying a chameleon. (I am obsessed with them) But as I was checking the chameleon out, I look over and this little bearded dragon is trying his best to climb up his enclosure to get closer to me, climbing over other little dragons and everything. I immediately fell in love lol. So I ended up with a bearded dragon and already love him and haven't even had him a day. His name is Draco.
92637-2430064334.jpg
92637-2430064334.jpg

Hellcat817

Hi! I'm new to beardie keeping as well, and my story is actually pretty similar to yours. I was in PetSmart looking around for supplies to set up a decorative hermit crabitat when I was approached by an employee that asked if I'd ever considered lizards. Well, considering that I had my brother's green anole detach his tail in my hand over a decade ago, I was completely turned off by reptiles (turtles not included), but this chick picked up a baby beardie and plopped him down in my hand. I was so fascinated with how chill they are, and researched for 6 months before finally buying a translucent red leather back. I feel pretty confident in my husbandry because of my obsessive research, but I know I have a lot to learn about her specifically. For example, she's shedding for the first time in my home, and she does NOT like to come out of her tank to 'hang' with mom! She scratched my face today on accident trying to get back down lol She's a cranky little monster right now.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Jaeda, as beardie and chameleon set ups and basic health requirements are vastly different, do you mind me asking what you have? Pet shops do not always sell the correct vivs, heating and lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom