New beardie mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashflash

We got a bearded dragon on April 26th we named him Flash we believe it to be a him so far but too early to tell I have four kids who like to help hold and feed him I am wondering what is the easiest feeder to breed as he goes through crickets and mealworms pretty fast also he does not seem to like his veggies or fruits. I worry about him running away when we're holding him ,I want to teach him to just sit up by my neck how does one do that? how often per day should we be holding him?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For a staple feeder, I would start a roach colony. Dubia roaches are the most common. They are easy to care for but take a couple of months to establish a colony. You would want to get some adults and some mixed sizes to get started. Here is more information about them https://www.southtexasdragons.com/dubia-roaches.html

I don't advise putting them up high like on a shoulder or neck. They tend to think they can fly and will jump off and can hurt themselves with a long fall. It's best to hold them lower to the ground. They are very curious and will want to run around and explore. This is OK if you give them close supervision and put them in an area that is safe for them with no other animals or places to fall into or heavy things to fall on them. I have my house pretty well dragon proofed so my guy has free reign when we're home but that may not be so easy to do with four children around.

You can take him out and hold him as much as you want if he's OK with it. If he acts defensive or scared I would put him back but if he is OK with handling, go ahead and interact with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom