Beardie Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
Our neighbour found a beardie in her backyard yesterday. They were heading on a trip and didn't know what to do with it, so we took it to figure out where to take her. We went to a local Pet Store that said she was likely abandoned. They rarely escape. My son had always wanted a lizard of some sort, and given her sad story, we decided to keep her as a rescue. We've purchased a habitat, food, all the things that are required.....

Unfortunately she hasn't ate or drank since yesterday. We've offered her a few different things but she's not taking the bait. When we turned off the lights yesterday she went to sleep and slept the whole night from eight until seven this morning....it was only when I turned the lamps on that she woke up. I know she is probably stressed and scared, but how long do I wait until I get worried?
92462-9113564402.jpg

Maj4e

I would definitely wait a few days before worrying. Esp if he wss able to eat plenty of insects in the backyard, he will need time to adjust if he isn't starving (which he doesn't look to be!) congrats on the new addition!

Enderess

CharlotteM":21j6ypba said:
Hi everyone,
Our neighbour found a beardie in her backyard yesterday. They were heading on a trip and didn't know what to do with it, so we took it to figure out where to take her. We went to a local Pet Store that said she was likely abandoned. They rarely escape. My son had always wanted a lizard of some sort, and given her sad story, we decided to keep her as a rescue. We've purchased a habitat, food, all the things that are required.....

Unfortunately she hasn't ate or drank since yesterday. We've offered her a few different things but she's not taking the bait. When we turned off the lights yesterday she went to sleep and slept the whole night from eight until seven this morning....it was only when I turned the lamps on that she woke up. I know she is probably stressed and scared, but how long do I wait until I get worried?
92462-9113564402.jpg

Congrats! I just got my rescue two days ago! How's your doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom