Bought my kids some dragons!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boosted

Bought my kids some for their birthdays. I grew up with two dragons and 2 snakes. Not sure how old they are but they are young one is bigger then the other. Today the bigger one was running around and bobbing his head. And then 5-10 min later the little one was on a stick and waving her hand. Really thought it was cool and thought they were communicating to eachother. If someone can point me in the right direction to posting pics from a iPhone that would be great. Glad to be apart of the community
91815-2316932986.jpg

Might of figured it out

Boosted

Original Poster
And I actually got rid of the wood cave I feel it's holding in the humidity and making it to reach around 50-60%. I bought a rock cave and will see how it does

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. They are definitely cute :D If you see any one being dominated you need to separate ASAP. Beardies are not social with their own kind and will fight, bite off toes and limbs.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Hi there. Yeah you'll be wanting a 2nd viv especially as there's a size difference. Best to seperate early than deal with injuries which could happen without warning.

You're spot on about communication. The dragon who is head bobbing is being dominant over the territory wheras the waver is trying to show they are not a threat.

Best of luck.

Boosted

Original Poster
Thanks for that. The dominate one is not showing any aggression. I've noticed that one is real skiddish and doesn't like to be held. The first day we got them we held them both but now he tries to avoid it. They were in a cage together when I bought them. I will keep an eye on them. They seem to like eachother I find them rest next to eachother and touching. Seems like love lol

Do they know each others sex?

Another question... will they be alright just leaving pellet food mixed with dead Tiny meal worms threw the day ?? I haven't seen them eat it but if they get hungry enough will they eat it ?

Edit.. just saw the dominate one eat some as I published this lol and just watched him eat 3 diff crickets off the little ones head was really funny

The almost exact situation happened when we got sparx and sprout, sprout was the submissive one as sparx was alot bigger and used to bob his head and climb on top of sprout when he was basking to steal his heat. we didn't know at the time it was two males as they were too young so when we found out we had to rehome sprout as sparx had already dominated his territory.
i would definatley either buy a second viv or look into rehoming before it turns violent as they get older.
Sparx is two and a half now and rehoming was definatley the best option as at the time we had no space or money for a second enclosure and hes certainly thrived.
2ppbtaf.jpg

Boosted

Original Poster
Is that necessary if no violence is going on? Do you always have to separate 2 males. ? And what is a viv?

Boosted

Original Poster
Michaelm1990":3sdca8dq said:
yeh 2 males will always battle for territory so its best to seperate them, and viv is just short for vivarium

Did you keep both just separated ?
Never mind re read that lol. He's a handsome one.

we ended up giving one away to someone who was looking for a pet for the child as we couldnt afford two vivariums otherwise we would of kept them in seperate enclosures.

yeh it was pretty gutting having to get rid of one but its for the best really so they dont fight n hurt each other. just wish i had the space and money for two vivs at that time lol
awell my sparx is doing great anyways so thats a bonus :)
have to sexed them yet to double make sure it is two males? before you commit to selling one?

Boosted

Original Poster
And do you know how I add more images to my library in this forum ?

Can you keep two females together ?

ah right cool, i wasn't sure how old they were
erm yes if you click the menu button on the top left and scroll down there is a link that says "user image upload manager" under the "other fun stuff" section.
click on that and on the left hand side it will give you an option to upload more images
then where you are typing a post use the XIMG button at the top to select what pictures you want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom