Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I should say hello as well...ive already posted a few times.had some good advice from more experienced owners,which is appreciated.we got a bearded becuz we were thinking of another pet,but something different.I,myself always wanted a lizard but never really got set up and serious about it.a cat owner myself,I grew up w/cats.we have 2 now which have been apart of our family.I have 3 kids,one special needs so the pets have helped my son be calm.we kinda tossed ideas of a different kind of pet.from guinea pig,to turtle,to lizards.I'm just fond of bearded dragons,I find them very personable.so we did some research,some calling,info gathering and here we are.new bearded owners.took a lil bit to get the lighting right,temp right,a starter tank,temp gauges,all the stuff.then the food.couldn't get ours to eat much,then eliminated the mealworms..got a bug variety from a reptile exhibit and wow.kids like watching her get her prey.we think female..she's young,our zelda girl.she leaps and waddles and likes being under our shirt.she nestles in at night and falls asleep.I think she likes to watch tv,or just the movement on the screen.I forgot how I posted pics on here once before.I'm really not tech savvy at all.once I figure out again,I'll show off our girl.got her from pet store(3 or 4 mos old),had her only about just over a month now.puts her maybe at 4 or 5 mos now.well..that's it.I'll probably ask more questions as I go.just takes the experience to know what ur doing.

Zelda1Jasmine

Original Poster
91005-3416324584.jpg
91005-6993760085.jpg
91005-8277369174.jpg
Our Zelda girl.she's feeding good now.I was given not so well instruction by pet store..who has said she eats this pellet food and this other freeze dried food along w/a cricket feeding.mealworms too but she'd hardly eat.got these other bugs from exhibit and now she eats.dubia roaches,wax worms and hornworms.hornworms got big tho and I made mistake and fed her 2...um,runny poo.so,I kinda read that those kind of worms more like a treat and very hydrating.ordered more bugs,gonna try them black soldier fly larva,more roaches(eeewww)and guy I talked to gonna throw me some superworms for free.my kids totally into looking at the bugs and watching our baby eat.nom nom nom.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What a typical cute baby Zelda is [ as they all are :) ] and looks like she's right at home + settling in nicely ! Do be careful that the cats can't get a chance at her while she's out of the tank though. And be careful of mealworms + superworms, young beardies can over eat and then vomit them up or become impacted. The other food choices are good, but waxworms are fatty + beardies can get spoiled on them + refuse other food.

Hopefully she'll settle in + become a happy member of your family. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom