What are these spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellermisty

91660-1265832195.jpg
low rider is an 8 year old male. someone please tell me what these are. He's had one about a year and I've discovered another one today.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Possibly some stuck shed but it could be a skin infection of some sort. It's probably a good idea to bring him into an experienced reptile vet for a skin test to get a better idea of what that is and treat accordingly. In the mean time you could try putting some plain aloe on the areas and see if that helps it come loose. If the spot has been there for a year without spreading quickly it may not be anything more than stubborn shed. Best to have it tested to be sure though.

Hellermisty

Original Poster
Ok that makes sense because it almost seemed to want and come off when he shed this year. I'm going to try the aloe. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom