Adopting my new baby !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenniferr

Hi there everyone!
I'll introduce myself a little first, My names Jennifer, this will be my very first beardie (I am beyond excited to get my baby!) I have been looking into getting a bearded dragon for around a year after meeting one at a vets I did some volunteering at and falling madly in love, and finally I am in a position to get my first bearded dragon! I have been told by several people that getting a slightly older bearded dragon would probably be better as a first as I'm sure I don't know everything there is to know about beardies yet and juveniles aren't as forgiving as adults, so here in the UK we get a website called pets4homes and I've been scowering the website 24/7 and I've finally found one who I've instantly fallen for (I'm going to visit him tomorrow!!!)
He is a 9month old little boy who's owners don't have enough time and money for him and :(

If you have any tips for things (aside from the basics) that I should buy before getting my beardie home I would appreciate it very much

Anyway I just wanted to do a little intro on myself and I will keep you all updated on how my bearded baby hunt goes ☺️

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Jennifer, it sounds like you're going to give some special beardie a good home. :) As long as you have the basics you'll be fine. A good uvb linear bulb like Arcadia 12% or Reptisun 10.0 t5 or a good mercury vapor bulb [ provides heat AND uvb ] will be good to provide strong uvb. Don't clutter the cage too much. One thing I don't like that is very popular is a hammock....it's easy for beardies to snag their claws + possibly sprain their foot.

Do you have pics of your set up already ? If so, could you post pics ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to attach pics

And do you have a supplier for your insects in mind ?

Jenniferr

Original Poster
Hi! The man who I am going to see him today has offered me the viv he already has set up, so I'll see how that looks today aswell. Food wise all the guy said was crickets so :/ I guess we'll find out more today when I ask more questions :) hopefully pictures and more to come

Jenniferr

Original Poster
UPDATE:
I have bought my beardie and am now a proud mama, he's 9 months old and his name is Albus. I have paid for him and all and am going to collect him next week :) !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom