New beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistilynne

91195-7139674378.jpg
Hi! I am new to bearded dragons but so far I'm enjoying my girl. I am a Kindergarten teacher & received a pet grant for my classroom. I researched the different creatures available & the beardie seemed to be the best choice & I was right! I picked her up right before Christmas so that I could start bonding with her & learning how to take care if her.
My students LOVE her! They named her Lizzie Zion & they greet her every day when they come in to the classroom, say goodnight at naptime & goodbye when they leave. She's about 5 months old now & I am in love with her too! I'm happy to have a community to go to with questions, etc.
91195-8254876374.jpg

Mistilynne

Original Poster
I currently have her in the 20 gal that I received as part of my grant. It has the UVB lamp, night lamp, & heat lamp which are on timers. I only have the dial thermometer at the moment but added a 'house', one small plant & a branch for her to climb. I did purchase a bigger water bowl as well. The substrate is the carpet type. I'm planning on upgrading the habitat to a bigger one this summer when I transfer her back to my house from school.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Mistilynne":3n50rhe9 said:
I currently have her in the 20 gal that I received as part of my grant. It has the UVB lamp, night lamp, & heat lamp which are on timers. I only have the dial thermometer at the moment but added a 'house', one small plant & a branch for her to climb. I did purchase a bigger water bowl as well. The substrate is the carpet type. I'm planning on upgrading the habitat to a bigger one this summer when I transfer her back to my house from school.

Is the night light colored? If so, take it out. Is the UV a tube or coil/compact? And do you happen to know the brand?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Okay, so if the school (or wherever he is at night) gets colder than 65º at night, you'll need a CHE (ceramic heat emitter) that doesn't emit light. And you'll need a new UV light - a ReptiSun 10.0 t5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom