First beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeRoFuN

Hello all,

I bought a bearded dragon (named her Kasumi) on Feb 11, 2017 and it has just been over a month. On the 16th of Feb she started shedding her tail and it looks like the beginning of a shed again (the rest of her body shed last week. Is it common for them to shed so quickly?

The pet store thought she was roughly 4 months when I got her (she was 9 3/4"). Now she's 11" and about 90 grams. My other concern is that her legs look skinny to me. I went to another reptile store that had other beardies and looked at them that were around the length of Kasumi and they had "meatier" legs. Are her legs just skinny because she's a female, genetics, or what? :lol:

She is definitely gaining weight (gained about 10 grams in a week to a week and a half).

A little bit about her enclosure:
40 gallon glass tank (36"x18"x18")
Zoo Med dual deep dome lamp fixture (only using 1 for heat 100w reptisun basking lamp)
Zoo Med 36" hood w/ T5 HO UVB
Hammock about 6 inches from her basking lamp/UVB
Temps in her basking area around 95-100 degrees, cool side in the high 70s to low 80s
Feeding Dubia roaches and superworms twice a day...I know supers are not recommended but she has never had any issue passing them
Mustard greens and collard green daily
Calcium daily (dust roaches and worms)
Multivitamin once a week

About 5 days after I got her....she likes her veggies:
vk0w3x8.jpg

This was about a week ago:
QY1dLmx.jpg

This is her today (tail is getting dull in color so in shed again):
8DE8dUf.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons a land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles and, worry! A magical realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, guess again.....you are now a slave, lol!
She looks a lot better now than she did a week ago. Keep up the good work! Superworms should only be given as treats, not as a staple food. They are only recommended for adult dragons because they are hard to digest for babies and, juvies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom