New Beardie Owner (Meet Roswell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayjoode

Hello everyone!

Been using this site since day one of getting my new baby (frantically looking everything he does up to make sure he's doing okay lol) so I thought I might as well introduce him!

A little back story first. I was originally going to find an adult online, but then I went to petco on a whim and saw how horrible his living conditions were. He was so so so incredibly skinny, as well as his beard being fully black. The tank was shoe box sized, he was being nipped at by crickets way too big for him, his tank was covered in poop, and he was throwing himself at the glass. I took him home right then and there, figuring it was better to take a poor baby like him from those conditions than to adopt an already healthy and cared for beardie online. I got him set up with a nicely furnished 20 gallon viv, a reptisun uvb light, basking light, and a CHE for bed time, and hoped for the best. Within a day, he was happily basking, eating crickets and his salads, and even drinking from the bath! Took him to the vet, he had no illnesses or anything, just very malnourished.

Three weeks later and he is doing incredibly well, he's back at a healthy weight

This is Roswell :D

90945-1688429923.jpg
90945-4982198481.jpg

He's a little social butterfly, and has fast become my best friend. He loves bath time, crawling all over his dad and exploring (i'm covered in scratches lol), and blueberries. He can't go to sleep without snuggling up to me, and if he's always desperate to be handled. I think he's worried he'll be neglected again like at petco (or maybe im just projecting haha).

Anyway, I'm so happy to be a part of the beardie family! Getting Roswell was the best choice of my life. Thanks for reading! :blob5:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons a land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles and, worry! A magical realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, guess again.....you are now a slave, lol!
Little Roswell knows that things could always be worse and, is happy you found him. I love that big happy smile :D

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Nice name!! ? It's a 'Reptoid'
You can always tell if someone owns a lizard by the scratch marks on the forearms.
One person thought I was doing self-harm because of it. They were glad to hear it was just reptile gouges :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom