New member and first time personally having a beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
91094-568653099.jpg
Hello! This is Radagast, I have no clue what morph he is but he's an exceptionally pretty little guy. I grew up around a lot of animals including some beardies but this is my first time having one of my own. I've always wanted one. From time to time I'd daydream about that "someday" but this past October a friend got a hold of me saying her friend got two beardies from Petco and didn't realise that's not a good idea. Naturally being in the same enclosure one of them was getting bullied. She knew I had some experience in reptiles and was looking for a good home for him. I couldn't say no. He was just the scrawniest little guy. I've managed to fatten him up, nurse him through an infection, and generally care and worry for him. He's scaredy, curious, a picky eater, hates baths, resents being handled, and generally ungrateful (a cat, my lizard is a cat)...and I couldn't love him more!!! I'd post pictures of his home but most my uploads are upside down! I'm really glad I finally decided to join this site, you guys have helped so much already!
91094-3465111233.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, Radagast is really beautiful and he is a leatherback. :) He has some nice tiger barring on his sides so he may have citrus tiger in his background. It sounds like you're taking great care of him. Feel free to ask questions on any of the subforums related to health, feeding, enclosure, etc. Best wishes for a happy + long life !

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Love the name and his colouring is beautiful...love the 'a cat, my lizard is a cat' LOL

Opheliaaah

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I'll probably post questions as they come. Leatherback maybe citrus tiger ancestory...cool. And I figured name him after someone with a great beard, wizards have beards, Radagast is one of my favorite wizards of all times, wears brown, and is gentle in nature like most beardies! It seemed like a good fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom