Please Read!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just joined this site but read the forms on here for a long time. I been reading a lot about yellow fungus and I seen a discolour on my beared dragon belly ( I'll show you in a moment )

He's three years old male and is a hypo citrus tiger leatherback it can of looks like a bad shed but I'm so paranoid. I give him a bath and brushed with a baby tooth brush it didn't come off but could it take a few baths? Please someone respond

Here's him when he's heated up
91093-4015702158.jpg

Here's the discolour I'm talking about his a little darker as he hasn't fully warmed up yet I just couldn't wait to take the photo
91093-5760352383.jpg

If it's a bad shed why didn't it come off when I bathed him or does it takes a few warm baths to get rid of I'm so worried

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! That does just look like a belly shed. I don't see anything concerning. It may still be attached so I wouldn't fuss with it much. It's likely that you'll see him slither around on the floor one day and it will come off in one big sheet. He looks healthy and happy in that first photo =)

Lokigreengrass

Original Poster
CooperDragon":15cognq0 said:
Welcome to the forum! That does just look like a belly shed. I don't see anything concerning. It may still be attached so I wouldn't fuss with it much. It's likely that you'll see him slither around on the floor one day and it will come off in one big sheet. He looks healthy and happy in that first photo =)

Thank you so much I was so worried thinking it was YF

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
The different types of morphs always seem to have weird colored sheds. My Dragon is a standard Morph and turns a god awful grey color on his belly when he sheds. Also... (and please keep in mind that I have never owned a leather back), but he doesn't look like a leather back. He looks like a hypo citrus though. Cute little critter

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Agreed, just a normal shed, no fungus...and no, your beardie is not a leatherback, just a normal beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom