Meet Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexandme

Hi there! I am a new bearded dragon owner. I have had Rex for 1 week and I must say I am a concerned mommy. He has a ton of stress marks. Sometimes they get really really dark. I cannot seem to figure out what the issue is. He likes to be held some but not much. I try to hold him as much as possible to help build the bond. Sometimes his stress marks go away but as soon as he goes back into his tank they come back. I just ordered a new UVB light that I saw was reviewed on this forum (reptisun 10.0 tube). I also ordered a lamp stand and Phoenix worms. He loves crickets. He may eat about 6-8 in the AM and 6-8 in the PM which does not sound like a lot compared to what I've been reading. I give him baths several times per week and he drinks nicely. His poop looks normal compared to pics and be seen on here. Please help this concerned new momma!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello! Stress marks are kind of mislabeled- they can mean many things. What temperatures is your cage at? What thermometer are you using? Loki (my baby) developer 'stress marks' when he is too cold and trying to absorb heat. Plus, if you just got him, don't worry too much, they should disappear in time.

Rexandme

Original Poster
The cool side is 80. Warm side is about 87 and the basking area is between 100-115 depending on where I point at. I am using an infrared thermometer. He seems to be a little timid at times but not all the time. I'm hoping I am not stressing him out and it's just that he is getting used to things. He seems to eat okay. And when I bathe him he drinks lots of water. He seems to like the bath. His marks disappear completely. I am hoping the reptisun 10.0 will help some. I should be getting it in the mail soon. Thanks for the reply! I am nervous wreck ?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Rexandme":3qu3cygr said:
The cool side is 80. Warm side is about 87 and the basking area is between 100-115 depending on where I point at. I am using an infrared thermometer. He seems to be a little timid at times but not all the time. I'm hoping I am not stressing him out and it's just that he is getting used to things. He seems to eat okay. And when I bathe him he drinks lots of water. He seems to like the bath. His marks disappear completely. I am hoping the reptisun 10.0 will help some. I should be getting it in the mail soon. Thanks for the reply! I am nervous wreck ?

Then you got everything right! Once you pop in the UV, he should be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom