Introducing Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

0OliAndJulie0

[ximg]90938 2110544429[/ximg] Oliver : Hewwoo people! I'm a little beardie about 6 and a half inches long; my mommy doesn't exactly know how old I am. I live inside a 10 gallon tank with my favorite hammock I lay on all day :D ! I only eat live crickets, which frustrates my mommy a little bit, I also made her worry when she could only get the dead ones the first day she got me :silent: . But she loves me a lot, her parents say I'm spoiled, I think so too. :D :lol: .
Julie : I'm a new beardie owner, so I wish the best for my little one. I currently am bathing her one a day since she is sheading her skin. I feed her a Fluncker's Melody Treat (which she doesn't eat) w/ some veggies; atm it has cabbage, and some green bell peppers. I also have squash in the fridge, I ordered some crickets today, and all her food is dusted in Rep-Cal Calcium with Vit.D3. Her basking spot is 100°F and the humidity in the tank is about 30%; which I heard is perfect since it should be 25%-40%. And before I got her I did a lot of research on their diet, care, etc. I've been wanting to introduce my little Oliver since I got an account but silly me didn't know how to :oops: . If any one has questions please ask, and I'll be posting more often because I am very cautious. Like just the other day, I had to pull the car over because I thought Oliver ran off, (and there is a lot of crevices she can run and get lost in) but instead she was just chilling on my shoulder :lol: . This is currently her setup. [ximg]90938 947456211[/ximg]

0OliAndJulie0

Original Poster
Here's me and Oliver recently :) Sorry about it being sideways, it shows as right side up on my computer... :roll:
90938-4553518160.jpg

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. He's cute little bugger. Is that dial thermometer the only one you have? If so those are very inaccurate. Also a ten gallon tank is way too small. Those babies grow very fast and a ten gallon it's hard to get the correct temps. Also what kind of uvb light do you have? If its a coil/ compact those cause lethargy problems, eye problems and appetite issues. You want a reptisun 10.0 Tube. Cabbage is OK but it binds calcium. Better greens are collard, mustard, turnip greens, dandelions. Good luck with your little guy. :D

0OliAndJulie0

Original Poster
destiny1998":tsnc3tuy said:
Hi. He's cute little bugger. Is that dial thermometer the only one you have? If so those are very inaccurate. Also a ten gallon tank is way too small. Those babies grow very fast and a ten gallon it's hard to get the correct temps. Also what kind of uvb light do you have? If its a coil/ compact those cause lethargy problems, eye problems and appetite issues. You want a reptisun 10.0 Tube. Cabbage is OK but it binds calcium. Better greens are collard, mustard, turnip greens, dandelions. Good luck with your little guy. :D
The bulb is actually a Mercury vapor bulb? I honestly don't know, I bought a "Basic Dessert Kit" I can show you a picture. I can look for a digital one, but yes that is currently the only one I have. 10 gallon is small and I can go looking for one also, but I don't want to move her in immediately because she's already stressed from her just moving in.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Those mvb are for bigger enclosures. What brand is it? Temp gun or a digital with a wire probe is what you want for accurate temps. Yeah unfortunately those Kits are crap. For one beardie you want a 40 gallon breeder tank. Sometimes Petco has a dollar a gallon sale or I have found good deals on Craigslist. It's not your fault. Those pet store are just in it to make money. Most don't receive proper training on how to take care of the animals in the store.

0OliAndJulie0

Original Poster
destiny1998":8ajl5owc said:
Those mvb are for bigger enclosures. What brand is it? Temp gun or a digital with a wire probe is what you want for accurate temps. Yeah unfortunately those Kits are crap. For one beardie you want a 40 gallon breeder tank. Sometimes Petco has a dollar a gallon sale or I have found good deals on Craigslist. It's not your fault. Those pet store are just in it to make money. Most don't receive proper training on how to take care of the animals in the store.
The brand of the basic dessert kit is Zilla. Will she be okay to be in there for a couple days? At least until I get the stuff?

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
If the light came with the kit its more than likely a basking bulb with no uvb. I would get a reptisun 10.0 t5 long tube. When you get a bigger tank. But she definitely needs a uvb asap. They are vital to their health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom