Bengal the Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoelleL

Hi, I'm Noelle, I'm 20 years old and taking classes at my local community college.

I have one female leatherback bearded dragon named Bengal, and two leopard geckos, both male, named Kyloren and Surfer Dude.

I got Bengal as an impulse buy at Petsmart, which was an irresponsible move on my part. I had been thinking about getting a beadie before, but I hadn't put much thought into it before. I got her November of 2015 so she's about a year and 3 months old. I did my research and continue to research as much as i can to improve Bengal's experience and living quality to the best of my abilities.
untitled_by_liizardqueen-dac2h1c.jpg

I look forward to reading more on this website!

In the earlier months at around 4-6 months old she was acting lethargic and not eating or pooping and I did get her checked out and she had intestinal parasites much to my horror. I immediately took action and got her the treatments and nursed her back and within a month she was back to being active and fully eating and pooping.

She currently lives in a 4 x 2 x 2 melamine enclosure with sliding glass doors and newspaper substrate, a bowl of water, one hide and a few logs. She gets the long 24in t8 UVB and a 50watt basking bulb temps ranging from 97-100 degrees. Cool side stays around 84.

untitled_by_afvckingdelight-db03emv.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! She looks like she's grown up to be nice and healthy. She's lucky to have a nice big enclosure like that.

One suggestion I can make is to move the UVB fixture over next to the basking light if you can. This will make it so the basking zone has high temperature and high UVB exposure so she gets all she needs at once and then can retreat to a cooler area with less UVB exposure if she prefers that. Combining the bright white light, heat, and UVB better imitates natural sunlight in the basking zone. It's not a huge deal if you cant. She looks like she's doing very well as-is. Just a thought for improvement.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Nice looking dragon.
I have a Bengal cat I named Bearded Dragon ;)

Okay, not really...her name is RaeZen (raisin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom