After months of obsession, I finally got a beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekmathew

Hey guys! My name is Derek. Just a few months ago I was randomly in a pet store, killing some time, and I came across a tank of baby bearded dragons. I don't know what it was about them, but I was immediately fascinated. Over the following couple of weeks, I spent a lot of time researching everything about them. I spent countless hours watching videos, reading owner blogs, going over articles, anything that would help me soak up information. About 4 weeks ago, after spending some time piecing together the proper terrarium, I finally purchased one.

I named him Goomy, after a Dragon Pokémon. He's been extremely active, observant, eating and pooping regularly, and has done very well with being handled, taking bathes, and roaming around outside of his cage. He just started peeling, which is awesome. Any signs of growth is exciting.

I think the only thing that kind of irks me is that he won't eat anywhere other than his cage, and he's yet to get all hyped up when he sees me coming with a box of crickets, or roaches. I'm hoping that will change.

Below are some pictures of him! Feel free to share comments and pictures of yours, as well.

90767-7805073936.jpg

90767-6085384856.jpg

90767-3298541052.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! He's a cute little guy and looks nice and healthy. I'm glad you did a lot of research ahead of time. That will make a big difference for his well being in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom