Albert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

annerose0

90529-3433656814.jpg

Hello! This is my new bearded dragon, Albert, with a capital A for "Attitude".
I'm a new mom, though we have a leopard gecko and a turtle also. For years I've hoped to have a bearded dragon and he is my birthday present from the family. He is still a little skittish so I am being patient and attentive while he settles in.

90529-6353327799.jpg

While I have been browsing these forums I feel inspired and comfortable with the member's knowledge and love for their bearded dragons. It's wonderful to be here!

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. He's a looker :D . I'd get rid of the sand tho. Especially if its calcium sand. It will cause impaction. I use ceramic tiles. Way easier to clean and keeps nails trimmed. I use to use sand, but it was so messy and stunk cuz you can't scoop all the liquid out. You can also use paper towels, non adhesive shelf liner or any other solid substrate. :D

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons, a mystical realm where things are often not as they seem. A world where, worry, patients, love and, mystery are all part of the average day. Just when you think you have control, guess again because you are now realizing it is not you that has control.... You have become a slave!!! :D :D

Yup, he is a cutie for sure!
Destiny is correct, calci-sand basicly turns to concrete when ingested, causing impaction. Rough textured floor tiles are a better choice for cleanliness and the added benefit of trimming nails naturally. This is what I use as well.

annerose0

Original Poster
Thank you destiny1998 and Gormagon for your welcome and advice! I will definitely look into the floor tiles.

As far as being a slave......I already went and had my hair colored in the same shades as him so you are absolutely correct. :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
annerose0":3fvpknf4 said:
Thank you destiny1998 and Gormagon for your welcome and advice! I will definitely look into the floor tiles.

As far as being a slave......I already went and had my hair colored in the same shades as him so you are absolutely correct. :)
I have drawn a line at hair coloring, lol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom