Introducing myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've owned my two beardies for about 2 years. I bought 1 from petco and one from petsmart when they were babies. Back then I didn't know much about them just the basics food, heating, lighting, enclosures etc. Well not knowing any better I was housing them together. In August of 2016 I realized that one was female and the other a male as my female layed 18 fertile eggs :shock: In October of 2016 all 18 eggs hatched so I went from 2 beardies to 20 beardies in the blink of an eye :lol:.Thankfully I was able to rehome 16 and of course I had to keep 2. So now I am the proud mommy of 4 bearded dragons. My males name is Fiji he's 21 inches long, my females name is Loki she's 18 inches long and my babies are both around 14 inches at only 3 months old :shock: There names are Draco and Elliot. :blob8:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's quite the dragon family! I'm glad you were able to hatch the babies and give them good homes as well =)

Geraldo

Woah!!! That's awesome! Congratulations on all the eggs hatching and finding homes for all of them! Sounds like they're definitely in great care with all that you've learned now!

Debsdragons123

Original Poster
Thanks. I just had another 26 babies hatch on February 12th. I went into our local pet store today to buy crickets and the owner wants to buy 10 of my baby's as soon as they are ready. :blob8: :blob8:

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Debsdragons123":2g3ni59e said:
Thanks. I just had another 26 babies hatch on February 12th. I went into our local pet store today to buy crickets and the owner wants to buy 10 of my baby's as soon as they are ready. :blob8: :blob8:

Just make sure they know the proper care of the babies- all too often pet stores unwittingly abuse or neglect them.

Debsdragons123

Original Poster
Yes. Now I'm having second thoughts about the pet store. I went in last week for more crickets and none of their reptiles had heat or u.v.b. lighting. I will check again before selling to them. They said they were cleaning out the cages so the lights were off temporarily. I definitely will not sell to them unless I'm sure they will care for the babies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Debsdragons123":1c47torz said:
Yes. Now I'm having second thoughts about the pet store. I went in last week for more crickets and none of their reptiles had heat or u.v.b. lighting. I will check again before selling to them. They said they were cleaning out the cages so the lights were off temporarily. I definitely will not sell to them unless I'm sure they will care for the babies.

That's a good idea. Are there any local reptile stores? They usually take better care of their reptiles (although some can be as bad as PetSmart or PetCo. )

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Lots of mouths to feed :)
I am going through that now also. In January eleven mexican beaded lizards hatched out at my house. My rat & mouse bill got expensive quick!!
But congrats on hatching them out!
Lots of people fail at it...so you did your homework and did a good job!!

Debsdragons123

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses. When my bearded dragon layed eggs for the first time I had to learn really quickly how to hatch them as I knew very little. Lucky for me I had an incubator for chicken eggs. I bet I checked the temps on my incubator 10 times a day. I added water a few times to up the humidity. I never had any issues with mold. But I'm done hatching them out. My female and male are now separated. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom