We got a little beardy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbed

Me and my OH decided that we wanted to get a pet so we both opted for a bearded dragon.. and we love him/her they are about 4 months old and so God damn cute it's unreal although they haven't quite settles in yet.. (it's only been 2 days) I could sit there and watch them sleep all night lol

He/she doesn't really liked to be touched atm but I assume they are still settling in and hasn't been eating a great deal but when it's bed time he/she goes straight to sleep :p

90334-3033059263.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good choice =). I'm glad you're enjoying your time with your new dragon. It may take a week or two for him to settle in. That varies from dragon to dragon - they all have their own personalities as you'll discover. Please let us know if you have any questions about his care and keep us updated on his progress =)

Moonbed

Original Poster
Thanks! Just things like when and how much to feed him.. and can't remember the other things now haha

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For a little guy, offer him bugs dusted in calcium supplement a couple of times per day for about 10 min or so. All he wants until he loses interest. Provide a salad every day. The time of the bugs doesn't matter as much, base that around your schedule. I'd give him a little time to warm up in the morning and give him at least an hour or two to bask in the evening after a meal.

Moonbed

Original Poster
Thanks a lot :) finding it really difficult to dust locust.. he/she goes mental for em.. even tries to get in the box u keep them in lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They will start to recognize the feeding container and go nuts if they're hungry. I've found that using a small cup (I use cleaned out yogurt containers, but anything similar in size would work) to gently shake the bugs in supplement works pretty well. I just shake up a few at a time and offer them in small batches.

Moonbed

Original Poster
I just don't want them to get out and hop around all over my house aha I have a 'feeding rock' that I can use to dust them and then there's a little hole that the bugs come out of :) he done his first poo today so proud :) he's sleeping now though he always knows when it's near bed time

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The pictures are sometimes rotated due to the way the site code processes the code embedded in the photo. There isn't really anything you can do about it, but it's not a big deal. It's still pretty easy to see the photo and cute little dragon happily basking =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom