New beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erkcarter

Hi. I'm a newbie to having a bearded dragon. I was given him a few days ago. I don't know much about owning a beardie. We call him Kermit, not sure if he's a he or a she.... He loves crickets and superwoman, but it doesn't look like he is eating much of his veggies. I was told he is about 4 years old. I know he needs a new tank. What do I need to know to keep him happy?

Erkcarter

Original Poster
What size and shape is the best for him? And, which type of flooring or bedding should he have?

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
A lot of owners do the tile. I recently put the non adhesive vinyl drawer liner. Much easier than the reptile carpet. I picked up a whole roll at Bed, bath & beyond for maybe 10$. They always have a 20% off or 5$ off of 15$ purchase.
I got a Exoterra tank with the front doors, 36" X 18" X 18". The doors really make everything much easier.
83443-2441832237.jpg

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I really like the idea of converting an old dresser or a dining hutch. Here is a photo of what someone convertered. I like the idea of being low to the floor, that way they can go in or out of their tank when they want.
83443-2965846681.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom