Introducing Dorsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorsi

This wee babe was just bought last night for a 3 year old who little boy who adores dinosaurs.
He chose Dorsi as his name because he is still learning (and was not properly taught) to say dinosaur.
We are Grandma and Papaw and just recently obtained custody of our grandson, but we want to learn what is best for our little Dorsi to keep him (or her) safe and healthy as he grows!
Thank you for all of the information that we have obtained via this site so far!
He is about 6- 7 inches long, and is currently in a 29 G aquarium. He has not eaten since last night, and I am trying to leave him alone to become acclimated.
I do not care for the heat "probe" (thermometer) that came with a light "set" we bought, so hubby is checking into other avenues today.
89996-3814436980.jpg
89996-5602686070.jpg
89996-6075614169.jpg

Dorsi

Original Poster
Thank you!
He has eaten a meal worm this afternoon... before I found out to NOT give him mealworms this early.
He is very active, crawling about and discovering things. He was sitting earlier and flicking his tongue in and out... is this normal or part of discovering the world around him?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Licking things is they way they investigate, they are very inquisitive creatures and, very territorial as well. I also think they mark their territory in this manner as well, not sure but it makes perfect sense.
I bet that is one happy little boy!!! He is a cute little critter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom