Newbie beardie owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddz

Hi all Newbie here

I have had my vivarium setup for 2 days along with my BD. I have a couple of questions I am abit uncertain of. With the setup I bought it came with a red heat lamp and a microclimate evo lite thermostat. I have set the thermostat so it gets warmer throughout the day then doesn't drop below the required Temps however this heat lamp is always on and even at night when the UV is off. I have read a lot that red heat lamps are bad especially when left on over night however the cooler side is very dark and wouldn't seem to affect him. He is a baby and has been sleeping in his basking spot at night I don't want to turn my heat lamp off at night as I live in UK and it's winter and gets very cold. So if anyone can offer any advice that would be amazing. One last little question I have fed him 3 times today however the last feed he didn't eat many of the crickets and with them being small are they okay to be left in there he has veg in there also and I have said that crickets can stay in there as long as there is veg.

Thanks again for reading and any comments in advance

Joe

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of beardies!! Take the red lamp out and unless it gets below 65º f there is no need for more heat. If it does get colder than that, you can get a ceramic heat emitter (CHE).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom