Not a squirrel!-intro from Oregon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momissa

So last summer my mom's neighbor comes running to my mom's house screaming that there is a monster under her porch! So my mom goes over to check out what could possibly be frightening this poor old lady.
Turns out she had been feeding the squirrels fruit from her front porch, and low & behold there was a full grown adult bearded dragon enjoying the harvest!
At the beginning of summer there was a house fire near by where two bearded dragons managed to escape. My mom remembered hearing about it. They found one but couldn't find the other, by the time my mom found this one the family had moved and she couldn't track them down so my mom let this one live with her box turtles until she could find him(or her) a good home.
We live in Oregon, I'm surprised that this little guy(or gal) survived so long! Thankfully we had a warm summer!
I found out about all of this about a week before Christmas (2 turtles and a full size bearded dragon in one 20 gal aquarium). My mom was desperate to find a better home for him(or her), and I absolutely fell in love with him! My 17yr old son had been wanting one for 3 years, so we decided to adopt him!
He is much happier in his own 50gal home! We are researching and learning as much as we can about how to properly care for Master Shifu (we believe he is male, but it's still up for debate as he or she didn't enjoy being put under such close inspection by our panel of judges).
This forum and all the articles contain such a wealth of knowledge! Thank you all!
89920-6742705633.jpg

What an awesome story!

I'm new to bearded dragons myself. I have a tiny one named Skywalker, so I'm here to learn as much as I can about them. ^_^

So far, I've found everyone on this forum to be extremely friendly, and very knowledgeable! So welcome! And it's nice to meet you.

Momissa

Original Poster
What a great name! The little beardies are so cute:) I'm not sure how old this guy is, but I imagine a few years at least.
He's pretty thin, but has started eating:) I'm sure it won't be long before he thickens up.
We have a uv bulb and heat bulb in a double hood. We're picking up a uv light bar tonight and a laser thermometer tomorrow as well as vitamin powder and calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom