my new dragon any suggestions for a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, totally understand. I read dwarf and for some reason it got transposed with pygmy. It's a dyslexic problem, it happens more often than I wish it would. But thanks for the detail, I learned a bit more than I knew today :)
BTW Where did you find him? I have never seen any that are available. Seems like he is pretty rare.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes they are quite rare, thy are only allowed to be purchased in Western Australia, buy if u look on YouTube LLL reptiles some how ended up snagging some in America? idk how that happened as I only know of a few people outside of Western Australia that own them, sometimes it make it hard caring for him when everyone is giving me info based of there central beardie as they are quite different. Any ways I got him off a breeder as it was much cheaper and carlos had nicer colours than that of pet shops :)

Skipper7

Juvie Member
He's a cool little guy!! I'd never seen a pogona minor before.

And rankins, I believe Phantom Dragons has a breeding pair of pogona barbata... and babies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
The barbata are nice also. I had one a long time ago, but couldn't find a female for him. I didn't breed him at all, I didn't want to pollute genes.
Ill check out the barbata also, they are still being considered.
I'm really interested in the "Zeros" I'm trying to find some of the best animals I can find.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
If did see that phantom had some Barbatas I actually like there look more than that of the centrals, I would really love to get a bigger dragon one day like a eastern or central beardie and I would be able to if it wasn't for western Australia's strict reptile laws I literally am only allowed to purchase reptiles native to Western Australia and since neither of the species are native I'm out of luck, although laws are changing and central blue tongues were just added to the keeping list and I was talking to a breeder who said central beardies may be added to keeping list soon! Any ways I still really love keeping dwarfs as they are different and individual :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, Australia's reptile laws are pretty strict. Is a shame because your country is full of nice critters. I love shinglebacks, but they sell for a couple thousand dollars in the USA.
Too bad you can't get some of these:
Gila monster
[ximg]85426 2660970432[/ximg]
Or beaded lizards
[ximg]85426 9886376303[/ximg]

I have 11 Gila monsters and 8 beaded lizards. 11 Beaded eggs to hatch soon.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Those are real nice lizards! Don't mean to advertise or anything but I just posted something on enclosures about screen lids and UVB and would really appreciate some help from u guys as I really need move my beardies into his new enclosure ASAP, any way thanks for all the replies on ere guys :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom