Darwin

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Re: Darwin

Postby WinFam01 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:46 pm

Free range?
I want to try with ours but I read all those scary tales. Course you are much much more experienced than I.
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:03 pm

He is used to being free range a lot at home. There aren't any other pets, floors are cleaned of small things for him to eat, inaccessible areas closed off etc. He has been to the cabin several times before as well. They do pretty well in free range (in my experience anyway) when they have a variety of lighting options available. There really wasn't anywhere for him to get into trouble easily and I had an eye on him most of the time. Everyone's mileage may vary =)
CooperDragon

Postby saraho » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:21 am

I'd let Charlie be free range in the library, but it's too huge, with too many opportunities for trouble. I love that Darwin has that life though. He looks so majestic in the woods! Charlie loves to walk outside but I've never had the option to take him anywhere with so much foliage, he'd be so excited!
“Let me tell you: the only way to get rid of dragons is to have one of your own.”
― Evgeny Shvarts,
saraho
Hatchling Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:59 am

Yeah a library would probably have too many hiding spots to make it very safe for free range (without supervision anyway). I was surprised how much Darwin seemed to like the woods. It was a cool day (mid 50s maybe) and the trail was damp with cool rocks but he'd wiggle in my hands to be let down and wanted to investigate a bit and sit on one of the rocks or a branch etc. Bright orange beard the whole time, he seemed to love it.
CooperDragon

Postby vrenee1018 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:03 am

Ohhh my! Such sweet pics of Darwin. Glad you were able to take him on your yearly trip! He's such a blessed little guy 😆

Vanessa
Image Ohhh myyy little Taaam-piiico <3
vrenee1018
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to Introductions