New Beardie Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy1991

111783-5832726299.jpg
Hey guys Gf surprised me yesterday with a beautiful juvenile bearded Dragon after wanting one for over a year??. I know they need prober lighting as turtles do (150Gal Map turtle)? shocked at the the person who sold my Gf the Dragon said they only need a heat lamp. Correct me if I’m wrong but I would have thought UVB was needed as well to prevent metabolic bone Disease she got sold a zoo med starter kit already upgraded the lighting should turn up tomorrow and got plans for a self build enclosure. What I need help with is the sexing of my dragon and correct basking temps any help will be greatly appreciated

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please take the dragon and place on a table point the camera at the vent area w/ the tail in the air please --------- for a juvie you need basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and NO coils for a UVB -------- you need a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or Sunblaster or a Arcadia w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or Arcadia 12% bulb --- a 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank ----------- please get this ASAP - if the dragon has been w/ out UVB all this time it has started to develop MBD ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom