Beardie Bathroom Help - At Wits End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I am at my wits end and hoping someone can help me out here. My beardie (Spud) refuses to poop in her own terrarium and has chosen my carpeted floor as her choice spot. I have been trying to wait until she uses the restroom in her own home before taking her out but this makes me feel like a bad pet owner. Today she chose my gaming pad to defecate on and honestly I just don't know what to do. I've cut out softer texture and placed it in her terrarium for her to use, same as my carpet and she still won't. If I don't take her out then I feel she isn't getting that out of cage time. Someone else had suggested a different material, like work mat, but anything else in the meantime would be appreciated.

Thank you for any help. :cry:

Gail

BD.org Addict
Its probably not the material, some dragons simply do not like to go in their cage.
Have you tried a warm shallow bath before free time? My dragon always goes in the water. Easy clean up.
If you don't want him pooping in the bathtub, get a shallow plastic bin and you can dump the waste and water down the toilet.

Hi, I found that if you give them a designated spot and put paper towels down in that area they will often go on the paper towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom