Meet Slinky ♡

Status
Not open for further replies.

otaytita

Hi! I'm Tia and this is my new baby beardie Slinky. He's about 4 months old. I've only had him a few days and already love him.

(And don't worry, before I got him I basically stalked this website learning what to do and what NOT to do.)

He's in a 40g tank with all the correct lighting and heating, and plenty of things to climb/hide in/rest on. He's still not totally comfortable but he definitely seems happier than he was in the pet store (Not Petco or PetSmart!!). :)

99216-7870675618.jpg

99216-4799677162.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
You've got a very cute lil' guy/gal there! :D Lol I also basically stalked the website before I got a beardie, (Although I did have some husbandry issues for a month or two and I later fixed those).

Where did you get him from? Also I noticed in the picture that you have stick-on thermometers, (Please throw those out and use a digital probe thermometer or a temp gun as they are much more accurate). Also do you have a red bulb? In the picture the lights look a bit colored, Are they? (If they are please throw them out and replace them with normal bulbs). BTW, with The sand mat make sure to shake it off and make sure that there are no loose pieces that slinky could eat.

otaytita

Original Poster
Thank you, I think he's adorable! I got him from a place called Critters and Co, one of the best pet stores where I live. I'm working on buying new thermometers but they're out of the probes currently. And yes his basking light is red, his UVB is normal. But I turn them all off at night because I know the red can affect his sleep, and the temp stays just fine :) And I made sure to shake off the sand mat a lot before I got him. Thank you for replying!!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I the UVB a coil or tube? and Also Please throw out the red light, they can cause blindness and sleep problems leading to an unhappy beardie. So just use a normal 'white' halogen bulb that can get up to 100-105 degrees. Red bulbs are really bad so please throw it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom