Hello from Dee and family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackelyn

Hey everyone. My girlfriend and I have had our beardie for about 8 months to one year. She’s about 8 years old from what I can piece together. The previous owners only had her for about a year and didn’t really take care of her, so I took her to at least try and give her a better home. I’m still learning. I have so many questions and concerns that I need to address and I’m glad I found this forum. I look forward to learning and seeing everyone’s beautiful beardies! Picture coming soon if I can figure out how to work everything, I assume I need to get on a real computer and not my phone.

Side note: I’m not actually sure if she’s a female, I assume because she seems small.

Mackelyn

Original Poster
98572-7530267848.jpg
98572-6680174726.jpg
I think I figured out how to share pictures, so here is my little sleeping beauty. And yes, I know. Not supposed to use crushed walnut. Wish I knew before I bought a huge bag and opened it, but I know now and she hasn’t been impacted yet. I will fix it as soon as I can. She won’t let me pick her up.

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
You MUST remove the red light!! They are really bad bearded dragons. Also, what is his/her diet? What is the setup (brands included)? To tell if he/she is a he or a she, lift his/her tail and if there is one bump over the opening at the base of the tail, he/she's a female. If there are two, he/she's a male. Hope this helps! :D

Mackelyn

Original Poster
Ya. I already found out that the red light is bad. I’m working on getting her a better set up. She gets lots of crickets. Superworms every now and again as treats. Lots of kale and mustard greens. I mix in lots of things for more variety and sometimes treats, like carrots, apple, mango, and some other stuff. Also, I’m very nervous to try and sex her because she isn’t particularly fond of me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom