Hi from Charlie and their Owner Kristin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I’m Kristin, Charlie’s Owner. Charlie is still a baby! We have yet to find out their gender, so we kinda go back and forth between she/he, I tend to say he/him a lot; I don’t know why. I was wondering if you lovely people could give me any tips/suggestions in general in caring for him (food, accessories, anything!) this is my first rodeo with a reptile/bearded dragon so any help is very much appreciated.

Also, is it normal for him to be scared of live bugs? I was wondering if it was just because he’s so young he’s scared of them. We put a red wiggler in there with him, he hissed at it. Put some crickets in there with him and he started to freak out (even though he’s ate them before), a wax worm started to get a little wiggly and he did not like that one bit (normally they don’t move much since we keep them in the fridge).

And when I go to repticon, what would you recommend me buying and how much money should I expect to lose that day? I want some supplies that’ll last me a good bit for the lil dude.

Thank you so much,

Kristin
98529-355537502.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's a cute little one! I would invest in a good T5 UVB light like this one http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/ They last for a long time and produce sunlight levels of UVB which is quite important for them. I would offer as much variety of food as you can to ensure he gets all the nutrients he needs but it's fine to use a staple bug. I prefer roaches to crickets as a staple because they're easier to care for. As far as not being scared at meal time I would offer just a few bugs at a time so they are easier for both of you to track. That will be less likely to scare him and will make it easier for you to remove leftovers after the meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom