New beardie owner! Elliot is his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blank175

Hello we are new to the world of bearded dragons. We just got Elliot Friday. He is young (not sure exact age maybe around three months). I did quite a bit of research before getting him but that doesn't always prepare you for the actuality of having one. He is currently in a 55 gallon aquarium set up with a 75 watt household light and a reptisun 10.0 UVB mini compact fluorescent bulb right next to heat bulb. He has several basking rocks and a tree limb that is attached to the side of the tank by a suction cup. That is his favorite place to bask. The temps are good. He ate well Friday and Yesterday. Today, however he will not eat any crickets. His first poop was normal but his second one was a little runny. He seems a bit nervous today. He has been trying to climb the glass and has jumped from one of the rocks toward the glass several times. I changed the background on his tank to something that was less reflective as it seemed that he could see him reflection before and wasn't sure if that was making him nervous. Any suggestions? We have a 10 gallon we can move him to if needed. Thanks.

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
Welcome!!
We would love some pics of Elliot! For not eating today it might just be him settling in. For the glass jumping again, settling in or his reflection. My BD sometimes will see his reflection and start staring and trying to get it, then gives up. I've heard of people covering three sides of the tank in dark paper and leaving the front uncovered for that.

I'm fairly new to BD myself so other people might be more help, but that's what I've got!
Makayla.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. He probably has some relocation stress. Also I'd replace the uvb to a reptisun10.0 tube. The coil/compact cause appetite, lethargy and eye problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom