New Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a while back I brought home a baby beardie from Pet Supplies Plus. Unfortunately she died a short time after I bought her. I was considering just giving up on having a dragon but then I seen an ad on facebook for a 1 year old female beadie for free. I decided to take her home. She seems healthy but seems very sensitive to change. She is not that aggressive but will open her mouth if you scare her by moving too fast. I just replaced her 29g tank with a 40 gallon front loader with a fake rock background from exoterra. She seems to like the extra space. She is pooping well but her appetite has not yet returned from the tank move. I have been getting her to eat some bugs and greens here and there by putting them in her mouth when she opens her mouth at me. I am breeding a dubia colony for her and they just had their second batch of babies! I would love some advice on getting her to bond with me. Thank you everyone!

11113777_10206841559936893_1895381181444151343_n.jpg

10995800_10206841718380854_4412756407714124471_n.jpg

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Hi there. My name is Jess. She is very pretty :) Have you decided on a name for her yet? My boy Mushu was very skittish when he was a little tyke. I put a t-shirt I had worn the day before in his tank. I was told he would get used to my smell. He started sleeping in my shirt and calmed down very quickly. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the shirt, but it seemed to work alright.

Not liking change is very common. Even adult dragons get relocation stress, especially if she's been in the same tank with the same family the entire time. Mushu used to gape at me when I moved wrong, but he never actually snapped at me. I don't know if it was just him or if me being afraid of being bitten made it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom