Breeding between siblings? Is this alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
It can be done, but runs the same risks as inbreeding anything- bringing out genetic abnormalties (possibilities ranging from interesting to fatal) that would otherwise be diluted by breeding outside the immediate gene pool. Unless they both have a characteristic that for some reason you feel the need to "breed up", why not search around for non-related beardies to breed them to once they get to be old enough?

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
If that is the case then I will have to look for someone to trade with. You see, I bought these two to breed them, but they come from the same clutch and as of now there is only one source that I know of in the Philippines that legally breeds and sells beardies.

Problem is I have grown so attached to the two :-(

Beanie42

Juvie Member
maybe you could arrange a swingers party with someone else that wants to bring fresh genes tothere breeding colony or maybe another person with the same situation. be careful tho and always do your research.

other than that :mrgreen: good luck

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
There arent much BD owners here from where I am yet but I know their are a few. So when MY female will turn 1 year, I guess I will be looking for a stud :-D

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
It's best for your female if you don't breed her until she is 18 month of age. Otherwise she could have health issue down the line and possibly a shortened life.
Your male on the other hand will probably be ready around 1 year of age. :)

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok then, I will wait 18 months :-D Just to be sure, that would mean I will need to keep her in a different tank then huh?

Beanie42

Juvie Member
I kept my two together and they were fine till jamie hit puberty and started annoying the hell outta steph by display and head bobbing and running round like a mad man lol. Then he was so horny (yes even the vet said that was the problem) he completely lost his appretite so i separated them and hes on his way to recovery still runs out and head bobs at her any chance he gets. Damn horny teenage boys always being annoying lol.

Anyway to the point i also agree you should get them separated as soon as possible just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom