Help with genetics for breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixilla

I have been thinking about breeding a few of my beardies but having trouble finding the proper information on a few of my guys/gals I have a zero leatherback female and leatherback 66% het trans hypo male what would they produce?

Lavabeddragons

Hey there, I am also new to breeding and was hoping other more experienced breeders would have chimed in by now on the do's and don'ts on pairing up dragons to keep the genetics strong. From all I have gathered and again, I am new, het x het pairings are the best, and vis x vis pairings are the worst. With vis leatherback to vis leatherback you would get silkies. These are very hard to care for as their skin is so fragile. Anyway, good luck and hope it goes well.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry that no one answered until Lavabd. I would not breed 2 leatherbacks, maybe you heard from somewhere else already before they answered here but silkies are prone to a hard life because of their super fragile skin. Many people really look down on the breeding of silkies so you might get some negative feedback. Just curious , what did you end up doing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom