Deflated Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My "Storm" layed 25 eggs, her first clutch and they were beautiful, NOW 3 days later they are deflated but still with veins and white. They are in an incubator with heat and moisture, thermometer/hydrometer should be here today. What should I do? Are they salvageable? HELP!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They may inflate, can you post pictures?

Without a thermometer and hygrometer, it's hard to make suggestions on what to do, as those are the key metrics you need to know really.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Now, in your post, click the ximg button and select your photo. It will post it to your reply.
We can't see what individuals upload unless they also post them :)

-Brandon

HaydensDragons

Original Poster
New picture is here, my incubator came in the mail finally and these are the eggs left that looked at all viable. My local beardie goo roo said to just place them in sand and call it good. Should I toss them or keep trying? I am so discouraged.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry I missed this post, I haven't received notifications lately. Sadly, the ones that are totally deflated are goners. If they are plump or semi plump they have a chance. How did you have them set up before ? Can you get vermiculite ? I've used sand before too but vermic is better. Post pics of how they were before the problem and how you have them now.

HaydensDragons

Original Poster
2nd clutch has a total of 12 layed over the course of 24 hrs. Pictures being uploaded now, PLEASE help, I really want to be successful!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You forgot the pictures. Something's wrong if they're deflating . Are they set up like the in the last picture from the other clutch with no substrate ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've never used those plastic things for the eggs, I always set them in vermiculite. If you are still using those plastic things, I'd imagine that could be your problem.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yeah that's what I was pointing out Brandon, if they're set in a plastic tray with no substrate they are going shrivel up no matter what the humidity is. Hayden they need to be set up like this, I used to have nearly 100 % hatch rate like this :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29937/full

These are in moistened vermiculite [ I've used sand too but vermiculite is best ] I use my finger to make a divot to set each egg in, about 1/3- 1/2 of the egg down in to the substrate.

HaydensDragons

Original Poster
I've had 3 clutches now and Storm layed 11 eggs almost a weekend ago now with the nice Incubator. Temp has been around 88 and humidity around 21-25. I really need to figure this out. My parents are allowing for 1 more clutch once Storm is healthy again, she is worn out for sure. Pictures uploaded. Feel free to text me 805 538 4850.

HaydensDragons

Original Poster
Well unfortunately my Storm passed. I REALLY appreciate you all trying to help me. She laid another clutch and 3 days later she declined quickly. We took her to the Vet, they gave her a calcium injection and some antibiotics but she passed that night. We took her in for a nurocropsy and found d 3 floating eggs and peritonitis. She just was depleted and egg bound poor thing. UV is crucial and so is rest between mattings. If you think something is wrong with your bearded there probably is something wrong. If you want to see a nurocropsy picture just let me know.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, I'm really sorry. :( Was she laying clutches since last December ? Poor girl, my heart goes out to her and to you. A very sad situation all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom