Bearded Dragon questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meggo

Hi, Ive had my first beardie for 3 years now, her name is Beelzebub, I recent got a boy (Different tank obviously) about 3 months ago, his name is Matcha, he is a year and a half old, and brought home a second female about 6 weeks ago named Rose. Rose laid eggs tonight, now this isn't an issue, but I had no clue that she would lay so soon. Beelzebub never has, which Im confused about, but she's happy and healthy, no problems with eating or defecating. Rose is about a year and a half, I didn't know she was going to lay eggs and wasn't prepared for it. Its late so I couldn't go to the store for any supplies except Walmart to get a little bin and some repti-sand for her to dig in so she has somewhere to lay more eggs until tomorrow. Any chance anyone can give me some advice on how to care for her and her eggs during this time?
Now for Beelzebub, as I said has never laid, I've had her since she was a hatchling, I've check to make sure she was a female multiple times and will be taking her to my new vet to confirm. But I wanted to know if this was normal or if I should be concerned? once again, she seems fine, eats a lot, poops look healthy, and she's active, other than when she's sleeping. (PS. No dragons share terrariums, all have their own.)

questions for Rose are:
What do I need?
How do I care for these eggs if any are fertilized?I don't have enough money for a good incubator so whats a good way to incubate them in a cheaper fashion?(I have no idea if she was around any males before I adopted her, and if she's ever laid eggs before.)
I have 0 clue how long her eggs were laying out before I got her a laying box, will these eggs be okay if they do have babies in them?
What are good things to feed little rose to make sure she's getting the nutrients she needs?
Is it normal for my dragon to want more attention and support while she lays?(She seems to want me to be around, almost as if me petting her head is helping.)
How do I make sure she's hydrated while laying other than making sure her little bowl has fresh water?
I gave her a couple horn worms, she didn't want crickets or super worms.

Questions for Beelzebub:
Is this normal?
Will she ever lay eggs if I am correct about her being a female?
Should I be concerned or changing anything diet wise or anything?

Thank you anyone who helps!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry for this late answer I hadn't look here for a while. It sounds like they're all doing good , as long as Rose is eating well , of good weight and hydrated she should be fine. Can you post pics of the eggs and also all your beardies ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

The eggs should look nice + plump like this if they're fertile :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29937/full

By now they may have tiny veins branching out. You could actually keep them in a warm closet or right in the dragon enclosure on the cool end but in a plastic shoe box that has a secure lid with small holes drilled in the top. You can put a rubber band around to make sure that Rose can't knock the lid off.

You should have a laybox set up for your girls with a mixture of 2 or all 3 of these : play sand, plain topsoil and eco earth, moistened with water . You can use one like this to put right in the enclosure :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

Meggo

Original Poster
AHBD":1hhd1pfb said:
Hi there, sorry for this late answer I hadn't look here for a while. It sounds like they're all doing good , as long as Rose is eating well , of good weight and hydrated she should be fine. Can you post pics of the eggs and also all your beardies ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

The eggs should look nice + plump like this if they're fertile :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29937/full

By now they may have tiny veins branching out. You could actually keep them in a warm closet or right in the dragon enclosure on the cool end but in a plastic shoe box that has a secure lid with small holes drilled in the top. You can put a rubber band around to make sure that Rose can't knock the lid off.

You should have a laybox set up for your girls with a mixture of 2 or all 3 of these : play sand, plain topsoil and eco earth, moistened with water . You can use one like this to put right in the enclosure :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

Hi! Thank you for answering, i had candled them and didn’t see any veins or as I’ve seen some call it “circle of life”.
This is Matcha:
full

This is beelzebub:
full

This is rose:
full

This is the eggs the night she laid them. I quickly switched from soil to sand because i didn’t know if anything in the soil i used would hurt them:
full

As you can see she was quite a bit smaller after. I should have honestly known but like i said. Beelzebub I’ve had since hatchling and she’s never laid any. So this was a beginner moment for me.

Beelzebub i worry if she were to have babies she would be too small. She’s healthy weight but definitely not as big as rose. Matcha i worry about weight. He loves food, will happily take it but seems to get bored with it after a few. I wondered if that had to do with not liking being in a new home? He was rehomed to me from his previous owner. And although he eats and drinks and is active, and especially energetic when it comes to the girls. He’s kinda skinny, i hate it. Any extra fatty foods that could help?
Here is him and Beelzebub next to each other:
full

Thank you for the help!<3 :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Matcha + B-bub look pretty good, just a wee bit underweight. Rose looks good. :) Are the eggs still plump and can you candle them again ? If the room is dark when you do it , any veins will be more visible, especially after a week has gone by. How do you have them set up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom