beardie eggs deflating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowie34

this is my third clutch off eggs but the first time they've been so deflated even the fertile ones arent nice and plump like they should be, any tips to get them inflated again? cheers

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

How old are the eggs?
Can you post a picture of your setup and the eggs?

-Brandon

Mowie34

Original Poster
Claudiusx":23f8qclv said:
Hi there,

How old are the eggs?
Can you post a picture of your setup and the eggs?

-Brandon
g'day they're only 4 and a bit days old and i can try in two secs

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for the pictures :)

What substrate are you using? It looks like vermiculite, but a much larger version than I'm used to?

The humidity and everything looks fine, but i'm wondering if the substrate is too dry. I've never used such a course substrate to be honest so I'm not 100% sure.

Did you have success with your prior clutches with this same setup?

-Brandon

Mowie34

Original Poster
Claudiusx":1rzhpofk said:
Thanks for the pictures :)

What substrate are you using? It looks like vermiculite, but a much larger version than I'm used to?

The humidity and everything looks fine, but i'm wondering if the substrate is too dry. I've never used such a course substrate to be honest so I'm not 100% sure.

Did you have success with your prior clutches with this same setup?

-Brandon
yeah, it'd be different being different countries but i get the vermiculite pretty wet, enough so its damp but doesnt have water squirt out when squished. with my other cluthes all my fertile eggs hatched perectly with no issues i had some slight deflation but put a damp paper towel over them for a day amd they were fine.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If this is the third clutch from the same mating, they might just not be as viable as the prior ones. Other than that, I can't offer much more advice or thoughts. AHBD bred a lot more than I did, and she is usually on pretty soon, i'm sure she will offer you some thoughts and advice too.

-Brandon

Mowie34

Original Poster
Claudiusx":5u6148wi said:
If this is the third clutch from the same mating, they might just not be as viable as the prior ones. Other than that, I can't offer much more advice or thoughts. AHBD bred a lot more than I did, and she is usually on pretty soon, i'm sure she will offer you some thoughts and advice too.

-Brandon
no, this is my first clutch in about a year nearly

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If this is the first clutch of the year are you positive they are fertile ? Another thought is maybe the vermiculite is actually too wet ? Gently pick an egg up and hold it up in the air to see under it without turning it over to see how it looks on the bottom.

Mowie34

Original Poster
AHBD":20j04r5b said:
If this is the first clutch of the year are you positive they are fertile ? Another thought is maybe the vermiculite is actually too wet ? Gently pick an egg up and hold it up in the air to see under it without turning it over to see how it looks on the bottom.
yeah i know ive definitely got 4 fertile ones i havent checked the others too much because i dont wanna hurt em \

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There's no problem with picking up the eggs as long as you put them down the same position, I've done it many times. If you can see that the bottom looks more transluscent + discolored that can tell you if there's too much water.

Mowie34

Original Poster
AHBD":2cz2c3mf said:
There's no problem with picking up the eggs as long as you put them down the same position, I've done it many times. If you can see that the bottom looks more transluscent + discolored that can tell you if there's too much water.
nope, looks the same as a normal egg just deflated :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The only other things I can think of are what Brandon said , substrate too dry or you mistook them as fertile possibly and they are actually not. Did you candle them in a dark room ? Wait a week and try again to be sure if there are veins branching out.

Mowie34

Original Poster
AHBD":upq04eb0 said:
The only other things I can think of are what Brandon said , substrate too dry or you mistook them as fertile possibly and they are actually not. Did you candle them in a dark room ? Wait a week and try again to be sure if there are veins branching out.
Not in a dark room but the whole egg wasn't that light yellow and I could see the embryo In there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom