Some advice on an egg please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ara

So my one egg that is alive from my dragons clutch is at 75 days and has started to sweat and dent which I know is normal when they are about to hatch. What I want to know is it normal for them to discolor before hatching and I haven’t seen him moving in awhile can that be normal also?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How is the egg doing ? Sorry no one saw this until now. If the egg still seems viable can you post a pic ? They can discolor a little bit sometimes but I'd have to see a pic.

Ara

Original Poster
This is what he looked like a few weeks ago

81798-3118625186.jpg

And now he looks like this

81798-8473665248.jpg

But I haven’t seen movement in there for a while I’m not sure if he is still alive

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It may still be alive but it''s also possible that it's dead but with beardie eggs, " when in doubt don't throw it out. " The exceptions are if they're totally deflated like a water balloon with almost no water in it or if they obviously are stinking from decomposition. You can add a little bit of water carefully around it with an eyedropper or syringe, enough to make the substrate around it damp. If you ever have eggs again, make the substrate damp [ I used vermiculite or sand + vermiculite ] and make an indentation for each egg to set in with your finger. I had almost 100 % hatch rate that way. Maybe you can see in this picture :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29884/full

You can see mostly on the left how the eggs are sunken in the substrate .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom