All my once healthy bd eggs are now dented SEVERELY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherJ540

So my female laid about 15 eggs almost a week ago. They were her very first clutch which I have heard that the first clutch usually is infertile or don’t make it if they are. I’m not sure how much truth there is to that but Judging by the looks of the eggs it may be true. I do know that they came out as healthy and alive as they could be. You could clearly see veins without candling. I didn’t expect her to have them so soon so I put off buying the incubator for a week. Here comes the problems....I got on google and found an easy and inexpensive DIY project making your own incubator. It looked simple enough and I had to do something so I went for it. Granted it look rough (and I mean rough) it actually worked pretty well. The problem was (what I believe) I didn’t do enough research and thought the temp was supposed to be 95 and humidity 75 so that’s where we kept it for the first three days until they became almost completely deflated. That made me go on a massive hunt to find out everything I could about hatching eggs successfully. My incubator finally came in today and we got the eggs moved over into it but I’m wondering if I’m just wasting time at this point. I candled a few of them earlier and it looks like there’s still viable veins but idk. I mean if they’re still alive idk how by looking at them. Can a more experienced person look at my first laid and one week old pictures and also the newly candled egg and tell me if they believe there dead or not? Also my female and make only mated once so will she still lay one or two more clutches? Thanks in advance!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Heather, it's a myth that first clutches are infertile, if both dragons are healthy and the male produces viable sperm the eggs will be healthy. You accidentally set the temp. way too high and possibly did not have enough moisture/ humidity so it dehydrated dehydrated them . What substrate do you have the eggs in and how did you determine the amount of water you added ? Can you post pics ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

And yes, beardies can lay multiple clutches from one mating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom