5 week old eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ara

So my bearded dragon, Precious, had a male in her life 5 years ago who passed away and she has been housed separately ever since. Well she laid eggs just about 5 weeks ago for the first time ever in her life she’s about 6 years old. We also had no clue she was pregnant could not see or feel any bumps. Just to make sure I candled them all and was shocked that 3 out of the 14 had an embryo inside..... Well I decided that there is no way they could actually be fertile but I incubated them anyway about 4 days later 2 of the three rotted and I had to get rid of them. I talked to the vet and explained this situation and she said it is extremely rare for a bearded dragon to hold sperm that long but if I have a fertile egg and that is the only male she was ever around it has to be his. Well 5 weeks later Precious’ egg is growing and has veins all through it. I’m just wondering what it should look like inside the egg right now. I keep her egg around 80-85F most of the time with it occasionally going slightly above or below. Humidity is around 70% there is no denting on the egg either. I saw a slight movement the other day but I cannot actually see the dragon in there should I be seeing him by now? This whole event was just crazy but I do hope he makes it since he would kind of be a miracle from our male that we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom