Post laying care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! My girl just laid her third clutch in 3 months. She is doing well, but I want to be sure her hydration and calcium is replenished. I have been giving her repashy on her food but she loves hornworms which I know are full of water and calcium. My question is- how many can I give her? I know they aren't good as a staple feeder, but she needs to replenish her body weight and I don't want to overfeed on hornworms.

Any ideas? She loves her dubia's, too. I just think the hornworms do better to hydrate her.

Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how is she doing ? I know this is from a month ago so I'm sure you figured out a good regimen. I hope she's doing well !

rnadler103

Original Poster
AHBD":2uh61sta said:
Hi there, how is she doing ? I know this is from a month ago so I'm sure you figured out a good regimen. I hope she's doing well !

She is doing great! I gave her quite a few hornworms each day for about 3 days after she laid and I think that helped her a lot with hydration. She is back to herself, although her peel is making her miserable. She looks like she forgot some suntan lotion :)

The babies from the second clutch are 1 week old and adorable. We have 1 egg that still looks like it's trying to hatch, so we may have a late bloomer...

full

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She does look to be in great shape and the babies are always a blast. :) To help her shed you can lightly spray her in the tank daily , that gets the shed soft + loosened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom