Post laying care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! My girl just laid her third clutch in 3 months. She is doing well, but I want to be sure her hydration and calcium is replenished. I have been giving her repashy on her food but she loves hornworms which I know are full of water and calcium. My question is- how many can I give her? I know they aren't good as a staple feeder, but she needs to replenish her body weight and I don't want to overfeed on hornworms.

Any ideas? She loves her dubia's, too. I just think the hornworms do better to hydrate her.

Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how is she doing ? I know this is from a month ago so I'm sure you figured out a good regimen. I hope she's doing well !

rnadler103

Original Poster
AHBD":2uh61sta said:
Hi there, how is she doing ? I know this is from a month ago so I'm sure you figured out a good regimen. I hope she's doing well !

She is doing great! I gave her quite a few hornworms each day for about 3 days after she laid and I think that helped her a lot with hydration. She is back to herself, although her peel is making her miserable. She looks like she forgot some suntan lotion :)

The babies from the second clutch are 1 week old and adorable. We have 1 egg that still looks like it's trying to hatch, so we may have a late bloomer...

full

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She does look to be in great shape and the babies are always a blast. :) To help her shed you can lightly spray her in the tank daily , that gets the shed soft + loosened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom