Babies! Best care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
In early March my Pancake laid her very first clutch of eggs, 1 day before she turned 1 year old.

Today, on Mothers day ?, her eggs hatched!!! The reptile store will be holding them until Tuesday when we can pick which ones we want to keep (they take half the clutch as payment for incubating them). I was told there are more than 8 Babies, and most of them leather backs.

Is there any specific care requirements for newborns compared to a baby/juvenile and adult??? I know newbies can eat up to 5 times a day, but is anything different besides that?

Thanks for any help

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Congrats on the babies. :) I raised a lot of babies. For me the best set up is a plastic tote like this :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29895/full

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29953/full

Open top so there's no blocking the uvb. Branches like this can be bought at pet store or gathered outside. No pine or sappy wood, put branches in preheated 250 oven for 40 minutes to kill possible pests . [ I've never ever had a single problem ] Order crickets about 1/8 " at first, move to 1/4" as the beardies grow a bit + have bigger appetites. After 7-10 days you can offer chopped or shredded greens like kale, turnip, mustard. You can even drop the pieces near the babies to see if they'll pounce. Spritz around the babies for drinking, wipe up excess water after. Once the babies get bigger you'll have to split them in to another enclosure. You'll get the hang of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom