new hatchling not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolb4

Me again. This hatchling is from the same clutch that the earlier hatchling was from. This one was born at 75 days. Last Wednesday. There were no complications with hatching. But.... it will not eat or drink. I have presented 1/4 inch crickets. I have tried offering a drop of warm water hoping for a lick. I have done all the above a couple of times a day beginning Sunday. No response at all.

Another hatchling was born Thu.rsday. I have offered it the same menu beginning Sunday. No interest.

I put both of them back in the incubator after attempts. I also mist them three or four times each day. They seem normal and active. Both eyes open.

What am I doing wrong? I have baby food chicken and ordered/received Critical Care Herbivore.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They usually don't eat for the first few days, sometimes it can take up to a week I suppose. Give them a bit of time. Are they housed together? typically once one starts eating, all the rest will follow suit.
I wouldn't be putting them back in the incubator though. Once they are out of the egg, and removed from the incubator, they need to stay in their enclosures.

1/4 crickets are probably too big for them though. You want to go with 1/8th or pinheads IMO.

-Brandon

Carolb4

Original Poster
These crickets are the same 1/8" ones I bought a week or so ago. Could you please describe your recommended enclosure for the 2 hatchlings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom