Help!! Possibly gavid beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator

We rescued our beardie, Pig (because they eat A LOT), and originally thought Pig was a male, until he/she stopped eating and was restless and digging, which led us to believe he is a she and is gavid (has not been around any males). Pig has been playing in her dig box for 3-4 weeks now, poops and eats maybe once a week, and is lazier when she is not digging, as I would expect a pregnant/gavid beardie would be.

A few days ago you could see and feel the eggs in her belly, and now they are hard to find and we can’t even tell if they are there or not, however there are no eggs in her dig box. Do we keep putting her in her dig box and wait for her to lay?? Is she even pregnant or did the eggs just move down???

Dig box is properly heated and has the right sand to water ratio. Food is offered regularly and baths are given often too.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, yours is the second beardie named " Pig" that I've seen here. :) So how long have you had her ? Are you sure you felt + saw the bulging eggs ? Infertile eggs aren't always noticeable and digging behavior may or may not indicate whether a beardie is gravid. Some females will dig off + on for weeks but never lay. Some beardies reabsorb follicles but not shelled eggs . Can you post pics of Pig as well as her enclosure and laybox ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Gator

Original Poster
108179-666303309.jpg
108179-1694717622.jpg
108179-3106512460.jpg

This picture of her belly looks horrible because she was in motion and running away, but she made it to her favorite spot, cuddling on the neck. Now you can’t see any bumps in her belly, but 2 days ago she had horizontal rolls across either side of her lower belly and you could feel marble like things in there. Today, it feels flatter than it has been in a month and she is visibly thinner.

Her lay box is a very large (60 gal) Rubbermaid tote with 100lbs of children’s play sand. We mover her heat lamp and light over it to heat the sand before she digs and make sure it doesn’t feel too hot, and she is monitored during the hours she is in there. She will dig impressive caves, then collar them on herself and start over or want out.

We have had her for about 8 months and believe she is around a year old. We rescued Pig after she was left at the pet store by her previous owners who has lost her in their home for 3 months.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She does look relatively slim. Can you root around in the laybox way down in the corner to feel for possible hidden eggs ? I've had females jam them way down in a corner so that might be what happened without you knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom