My Gravid Beardie won't lay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone
My girl is gravid and I'm getting worried. She is pretty plump and I can feel many eggs, but nothing is happening yet. She is about 16 months old and has been very antsy, digging and digging and nothing. I have tried different kinds of soil and sand and put the box in her tank and then I tried a separate enclosure. It's her first clutch and I know she just might need time, but with the quarantine, I can't take her the vet.
She is eating a random vegetable and cricket, but nothing like before. Not lethargic at all. She loves her daily baths.
I'm including a few pictures- 1 with my male, but they are not kept together.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated- I'm a worried beardie momma.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I was going to reply that it was probably imminent. Good to hear that she had no trouble, healthy dragons rarely do. :)

rnadler103

Original Poster
DragonCompanion":2s7su8rn said:
Congratulations! Moma is beautiful and so are those eggs.
She'll have more confidence next time around (3-4 weeks from now)
Have fun!
Tami

Do they always lay more? I'm worried I need to really fatten her up! She is so skinny after all of this. :love5: :love5:

Always. Lol
Im waiting on clutc 5 now. One mating.
Don't worry about getting her fat, she will eat like crazy. Be sure to dust her food with calcium at least once a day...she needs it for her eggs, other wise, the calcium comes from her bones. Dont want that.
Tami ?

rnadler103

Original Poster
Is it wrong that I stare at the little eggs in the incubator so often during the day? I mean, I suppose it's because I'm stuck at home, but they are just so cute.

When do you think I will be able to check for veins? I'm so curious to see if anyone is in there.
BTW, momma is airing things out as she fattens herself up. (this was the next morning, but she is already getting her weight back)

I candle mine as i take them of nest and put them in their incubating tubs. You know thery are fertile when you see a circle of life. A red dot and ring around it. There were 4 eggs this last time that did not show the circle, but i incubate them any ways and checed again in about 4 days, and there it was.
They are at about 32 days now, and almost double their size.
Not weird at all to state at them, i do everything but sit on mine! And i had 93 eggs!!!
I love them all. Lol?

rnadler103

Original Poster
Hi everyone! Any idea if these eggs are looking good? I tried to circle where I thought there was a spot. I also included a lovely pic of my girl, mid yawn :)
You have all been so helpful! We have 19 eggs in the incubator, but I feel my girl will lay more in another couple weeks.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That looks more like a mighty roar, not a yawn. :D
As for the eggs, you will easily see veins developing now . You have to turn the lights off and use a small pen flashlight to shine next to the eggs. The red spot + veins branching out will be visible by now.

One more thing, it's always good to make a small indentation with your finger or thumb in the dirt to set each egg in. It keeps them from rolling around if you have to move the container and it allows more moisture to keep them from drying out. Maybe you can see how I have these about 1/3 down in the sand/vermiculite.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29884/full

rnadler103

Original Poster
AHBD":3uxrwj2f said:
That looks more like a mighty roar, not a yawn. :D
As for the eggs, you will easily see veins developing now . You have to turn the lights off and use a small pen flashlight to shine next to the eggs. The red spot + veins branching out will be visible by now.

One more thing, it's always good to make a small indentation with your finger or thumb in the dirt to set each egg in. It keeps them from rolling around if you have to move the container and it allows more moisture to keep them from drying out. Maybe you can see how I have these about 1/3 down in the sand/vermiculite.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29884/full

Thank you! I will do that now. :)

rnadler103

Original Poster
Candled all of the eggs. 15 had veins all over and it was so beautiful! 4 had a red splotch, but I didn't really see any veins. The eggs are not moldy, so I kept those 4 together away from the rest.

I'm excited, although I know it's only been 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom