Is she gravid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkliz74

Hello
I've recently acquired two Dragons around 14months old .male and female .
Both in same viv. I noticed mating behaviour and saw them mate once.
I got them in separate vivs the next day .
My question is can mating be unsuccessful.
I'm not sure if I can feel eggs or not and it's been nearly 6 weeks since mating.
I've put loads of extra damp sand in her viv but shes showing no signs of digging or trying to lay. Am I worrying about nothing

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If she is not digging your good --- they usually dig A LOT if they are going to lay -- just keep an eye on her behavior
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

The females can hold onto the sperm for quite awhile. And they can have multiple clutches from a single pairing. It's good that you separated them. However there is a good chance that she will develop eggs somewhere down the line. It would be best to watch her behavior and provide a dog box for her once shes obviously gravid.

From there it would probably be best to freeze any eggs before disposing of them to make sure you prevent the embryo from developing I'd they are fertile, which they most likely will be.

-Brandon

Pinkliz74

Original Poster
Thankyou.
So good chance she will lay at some point then.
I will watch out for her digging .
Should I remove laybox for now then she isn't even interested in it x

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes you can take it out until she's ready. Unless your tank is massive and there is extra room for it.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom